Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Dismal, Absolutely Dismal

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dismal, Absolutely Dismal

So, it was the big playoff game between the Red and White Sox. Yep, that was me, taking the day off work to go cheer my Red Sox, and did they even bother to show up, ready to play? Apparently not. I would have been just as happy to have shaken my head in disbelief as I watched the highlight reel on the late news and saved myself the trouble of actually going out to the ballpark. Final score, of course, was 14-2, but for me the most telling (and damning) detail was that the White Sox got their 14 runs on only 11 hits. Matt Clement hit the first and third players he faced, both of whom scored as the White Sox actually started hitting the ball later in the inning. Very dispiriting, but admittedly all a part of being a Red Sox fan.

Still, it's the first game of a best-of-five series, and there's another tomorrow. If the Red Sox can win that one, they return to Boston Friday with a tie series. And probably tomorrow I'll feel like blogging about something more substantial. For tonight, though, it's off to bed to mope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home