Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: A Short Reprieve

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Short Reprieve

I have way too much to try to fit in this weekend, so I'm quickly going to be on my way to bed to do something to try to stay fresh. In the meantime, I'll pass along some good news on the FISA bill (no, I just can't let it go, can I?).

No, Barack Obama hasn't changed his mind. He still supports it. But the final vote on the bill has been delayed until after the July 4 recess. Although the Fourth of July commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence rather than the writing of the Constitution, it's not a bad time to pay attention to the details of patriotic history and recall just what the Constitution has meant to us over the years. This is an opportunity to remind our senators just how important freedom for ourselves and from tyranny--no matter who gets cast in the role of the tyrant--can be. Please use the time between now and July 8 to get in touch with your senators (even if they might be running for president, like one of mine is) and clarify what is acceptable and what is not. Remind them that we like our Fourth Amendment and would rather see it respected than eviscerated. If enough of us do, maybe enough senators will realize the error of their ways and change their position (so I like to dream, so what?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home