Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Travel Primer, Part 1

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Travel Primer, Part 1

I've learned a very important lesson on this trip, and I share it with you to save you from some of the pain and anguish I've experienced. If you're going to take electronics with you on a trip, make sure you take the chargers with you, as well. My phone died on Friday, I think, and I'm nursing the Blackberry along so that it still has some juice (though not a lot, so I'm not sure how much time I've got left on it). I don't have the blogging flexibility I'd prefer, and I was afraid that as we returned home this evening that I'd broken the promise I just made a week or so ago. But then I remembered that this blog works on Central time and New York is still on Eastern Time, so, according to the blog, at least, it's not Sunday yet. I feel my promise is really more along the lines of having something new up every waking day, so if it's 1:00 in the morning it still counts as the day before, but there's something to be said for a post for every individual date.

We've been experiencing a very theater-heavy trip. So far we've seen Pig Farm off Broadway (quite disappointing), and The Drowsy Chaperone, Sweeney Todd, and Martin Short's new show on (each various degrees of much better). We're intending to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore tomorrow. I'll have more to say about them later when I have more time to blog at my convenience. Earlier tonight we stopped by Angus McIndoe for a bite to eat after the show and had a very pleasant experience. It's been a great time, but then NYC virtually always is. More soon, when my blogging time is my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home