Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Sunday Spidey

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sunday Spidey

I picked up the Sun-Times with the Spider-Man insert I talked about a couple of days ago, and I have to admit that it was less than overwhelming. It's only sixteen pages (including the cover), so it's small enough that I had to look through the paper twice before I found it. There's no indication of why this is included in the paper, that current Spider-Man stories are written and drawn in a completely different style than the Lee and Ditko use here, or where we should go for more Spider-Man adventures. Spider-Man's first story is shorter than I recall, but it's reprinted here in its eleven-page entirety. The three mystery/fantasy stories that filled out the original Amazing Fantasy #15 are nowhere to be found.

This is an extremely flimsy package, but nowhere does it suggest that you'd find something more substantial if you went to an actual comics store. I wonder if parents will see this and think about how comic books have become much less since they were kids. Unless it's an early tie-in to Spider-Man 3, I don't see how it benefits Marvel Comics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home