Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: I Wasted My Christmas!!

Monday, January 05, 2009

I Wasted My Christmas!!

Blogger has been giving me real trouble tonight, so I'll keep this short. Instead of books, shirts, DVDs, etc., I should've asked for a Democratic leadership with a spine. Just a few days ago, one of the most important things Congress could do was prepare a stimulus package to be on President Obama's desk the day that he's sworn in. Now, however, maybe it's not quite so vital. Surely it will be fine if we can get this by February. Why? Because Republicans are dragging their feet (boy, was that unexpected!), and Democrats are willing (once again) to cave. Although Democrats appear to have the numbers, they seem determined to let Republicans control the agenda. After all, there are only nearly 50 percent more Democrats than Republicans in the Senate--how can they Dems possibly stop them? Mitch McConnell doesn't want to move quickly--no matter what the cost of delay might be to the economy--and we wouldn't want to upset Mitch McConnell, would we?

Santa, is it too late for some kind of trade?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home