Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Vague New Year's Wishes

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Vague New Year's Wishes

With the New Year's weekend bringing an end to the holiday season, we at Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk central are feeling a little bit worse for wear. I started feeling achy more than a week ago, but everything seemed fine on Monday as we came back into town. The aches started again that night, and then they were slowly joined by a sore throat. I wasn't feeling well enough to go out on Wednesday night, though I did have some champagne at home. I'm doing mostly better now, but even at that I slept a bit over eight hours last night and then had a three-hour nap this afternoon. Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk has had this same kind of thing going on and off for a few days herself, and it's a bit more at the on end tonight.

Other relatives have been experiencing the same kind of thing, and it seems to be going around our condo complex, as well. I've been more homebound than not, so I don't know how friends around town have been doing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's much the same. This isn't exactly the most promising way to ring in a new year, although for all its advantages and the audacious hope we've got, I have to admit I don't have real high expectations for 2009. The economy shows no real sign of turning around, and I suspect that we'll have a few more "unexpected" drops before we're all over. Am I wrong? I hope so. We'll just have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Stevie T said...

C'mon, where are the positive words from the ever optimistic Doug?

 
At 6:56 PM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

We've been exhausted, and sleeping a ton, over the last 2-3 weeks. Probably some slight version of what you have. Hope you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home