Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: The Divine in Everyday Life [UPDATED]

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Divine in Everyday Life [UPDATED]

This has got to be one of the weirdest products I've seen in ages. Go look. You can even start a riot over it if you're so inclined.

So who, exactly, are they trying to sell this product to? Would Christians want it? It seems to weird and potential sacrilegious for them. I guess some non-Christians might want it as a joke, but it seems that you'd only use it one or two times before it just became too disturbing. The best part is the claim that a grilled-cheese sandwich that had an image of the Virgin Mary was sold for $1,700 on Ebay (is that even true?). So is it a money-making venture? Do these people think we're dumb enough to think that if we bought one of these we could make our own grilled-cheese sandwiches and sell them for hundreds of dollars? Although, I guess if you just sold one grilled-cheese sandwich for $100, you'll have tripled your money. Maybe it's worth the investment, after all . . .

UPDATE--I checked the page again, and it's exceeded its bandwidth, so if you clicked, you didn't get through to even see what I was talking about. It's a no-stick frying pan etched with a picture of Jesus so the image will transfer to your food. You can have Jesus pancakes, Jesus cornbread, or even Jesus grilled-cheese sandwiches. I'm not sure if an omelette would hold the image, and strips of bacon definitely won't. So the good news is that you can have an imprint of the Savior on your food, but I guess the downside is that you have to cook on Jesus' face.

UPDATE 2--The site is back up as of Saturday morning, so go click. I noticed when looking again at the pan that it has the letters WWJD in the top corner. Well, from everything I've read, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be using this pan.

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to make French toast in one of those, but it kept turning into fish cakes...

 
At 4:24 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I withdraw my previous comment. No wonder I don't have a blog anymore.

 
At 7:23 PM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Stevie T said...

Regarding any thoughts of making money that potential buyers might have, it's only food with the Virgin Mary on it that sells for big bucks, not Jesus food! Doesn't everyone realize that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home