Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: A Mere Shadow of the Post It Could've Been (and Once Was)

Monday, May 29, 2006

A Mere Shadow of the Post It Could've Been (and Once Was)

Grumble, grumble, grumble. My computer ate my post. I'd intended to note this Newsarama post that referred to this New York Times story about the growing diversity of characters at DC and Marvel. As part of the story, the Times noted that DC would soon introduce a new Batwoman, one who will be a lesbian--and not just any lesbian, but "a wealthy, buxom lipstick lesbian" (that's the best kind!). I was further going to link to this second Newsarama post that follows up on some of the issues raised in the Times piece. So I've done all that again. But I'd also planned to write some pithy asides and commentary about all that, and I'm afraid that's not coming at this point. I may get a chance to revisit this tomorrow, but I'll have to see. The good news is that now you can offer your own pithy asides and commentary by leaving a comment. Have at it!

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, how about this -- a team of transgender superheroes? They could call themselves The Ex-Men.
And while we're at it, how about if Catwoman starts using a different word for "Cat" in her name?

 
At 6:36 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outrageous. Offensive. Deplorable.

How can DC Comics allow this? How can they possibly allow a Batwoman who...

...wears HIGH-HEELED BOOTS?!?

How is Batwoman expected to jump from roof to roof and chase after criminals without shattering her ankles in those damn heels?!? How DC could pass along such impractical superhero footwear fashion to its more impressionable readers is beyond me. For shame, DC. For shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home