Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Gingrich-Limbaugh, Round 2

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gingrich-Limbaugh, Round 2

It wasn't the most daring prediction, I'll admit, but I was looking for the Limbaugh bite back against Newt Gingrich, and the blowhard didn't disappoint. Ben Smith had the full transcript, but a few highlights included:

You know, I'm frankly getting tired of talking about Newt. I mean, it's a pointless exercise.

I mean, next week Newt could come out and profess his total admiration and love for me if it would serve his purposes.

They're running TV ads against me. Newt Gingrich wishes they were running TV ads against him. But they're running TV ads against me. So I love it. I'm up for it. I raise my hand. I'm the Last Man Standing.

He's not the last man standing yet, but he's making a grab for it. The serve now goes back to Gingrich. What's he got planned next? He's seen Rep. Phil Gingrey, Gov. Mark Sanford, and RNC Chairman Michael Steele cross Limbaugh and then grovel for his forgiveness, so he had to know how Limbaugh would react to his goading. Surely he's got something lined up, but you never know. Although I don't think he's an idiot, I do think that Gingrich's intelligence is usually overrated. Did Gingrich think he was too big for Limbaugh to attack? Did he think Limbaugh wouldn't notice? Or is Limbaugh playing right into his hands? Don't worry--I'll be staying tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home