Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Deadlines Still Beckoning

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Deadlines Still Beckoning

My current project is one that just seems to keep spreading. As soon as I feel I've got some hold on it, it squirts out and away and becomes more unwieldy. I was working on another post, but I'm falling asleep, and if I did finish it, it would only because I was able to dumb it down to my current state of mind and present something fairly straightforward and by the numbers. There's plenty of that out there already, and you've certainly got no reason to make a point of coming by this blog to read prosaic explanations of issues you already understand. I hope to get a better handle on my project over the weekend (a better handle?--I need to finish it), and I'm intending to come back to more regular blogging at that time.

It's too bad that this isn't a comic strip instead of a blog. Then I could just pull a Garry Trudeau and say, "Doug is taking a break for the time being. Please enjoy this classic strip from 2005." I guess you could go randomly trolling through the archives at the right. There are some decent posts back there, but I'm not sure how well they read out of the context of their times or in the light of the new day we seem to have now. If anybody does go archive diving and wants to share their treasures, please identify any favorites you find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home