Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: A Change Has Come

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Change Has Come

Wow.

It has been a long time coming, but Sam Cooke promised us that it would one day arrive. I understood the numbers this morning, and I recognized what seemed likely, but I still needed to see it before I was comfortable believing it would come to pass. The Bush regime is coming to an end, and it will be replaced by that of the mixed-race senator from Illinois. At one point during his victory speech it hit me that he wasn't just offering his own opinions or that of his campaign. Barack Obama was speaking for the nation as a whole. And it's hit me again every little while since then. I don't know about anybody else, but it's going to take me a bit of time to get used to this.

There are some other races I've been paying attention to, but I'll catch up to them tomorrow. For now, I'm just going to appreciate the victory we've seen, maybe even to bask in it a little bit. I'd suggest everybody else do the same.

Postscript: I just ran this post through a spellcheck to make sure I'd made no stupid mistakes, and the only words it highlighted were Barack and Obama. I'm curious to see how long it takes before they're normal parts of the online dictionary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home