Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: What a Disappointment

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What a Disappointment

I wanted raised voices. I wanted clenched teeth! At best, we were left with a little bit of seething. Of course, the seething might go up as McCain realizes he lost another debate to That One. Jake Tapper on ABC said that the McCain campaign is planning to use "That One" as a rhetorical device out on the trail. Can that possibly be true? Could we be so lucky? (The claim hasn't made it to Tapper's blog yet.) If so, you go, girl!

I'm also not sure that McCain was doing himself any favors arguing that we need a "steady hand on the tiller." He's not talking about himself, surely, is he? He is? Has he ever met himself? (Although in his favor, he only seethed tonight rather than let go any blows.)

The only other thing I've got to say is that by the time we got to the end, I was more than ready to see it go. Tedium has a way of doing that to me. At least the streets of Nashville will be clear for traffic tomorrow.

Does anybody else have any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home