Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Vague Economic Dread

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Vague Economic Dread

No, I don't really have anything much to say about the economy, but how can I possibly ignore it? That would make me far too much like the McCain campaign for my liking. The Republicans are waiting for the whole thing to blow over so they can turn the page on it and focus on Obama's deficiencies, but with a drop of 370 points in the Dow today (and collapsing close to 800 points at one point during trading) and ending below 10,000 for the first time in four years, I've got a feeling that we'll be talking about this for a little while longer, anyway. As I type, the Nikkei is down 3 percent overnight, but it has the worst performance of the Asian markets. Will Tuesday be better? Somewhat, probably, but it's not for nothing that the Primitives have been running through my brain for the last couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home