Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Who Put Beer in My Ice Cream?

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Who Put Beer in My Ice Cream?

Over the summer, I wrote about an article in the Chicago Reader talking up beer floats (the Reader only keeps its articles online for two weeks, so it's no longer available). The idea of dropping a couple of scoops of ice cream into a mug of beer (but the right beer!) was intriguing, but I have to admit that I haven't actually given it a try. Fortunately, however, now I can get an idea of what it would be like without mixing the two myself. Ben & Jerry's has introduced a new flavor, Black & Tan. It's a mix of cream stout ice cream and chocolate ice creams. The beery taste is not overpowering by any means, but the cream stout is definitely present, and it mixes well with the chocolate. Is this the same thing we'd get if we added chocolate ice cream to a glass of Samuel Adams cream stout? I'm not so sure, actually, but it's certainly a flavor of Ben & Jerry's that I'll pick up again.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you bring some of this over next time you come?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home