Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Between Sets Again

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Between Sets Again

If I was concerned that blogging during the show would make me the nerdiest person in the room, those fears have been completely dispelled. We Are Scientists covered Art Brut's "Bang Bang Rock'n'Roll," and the Spinto Band came out and danced to it. They had a full routine worked out and everything. This tour seems to be something of a lovefest. Art Brut guitarist Ian Catskillin came out to accompany the final song. Eddie Argos and the rest of the band gazed on from the gallery.

We'll see what my impressions are from the performace itself, but Eddie ssems more and more to be taking on the persona of a cut-rate vacation-resort Bryan Ferry. Which I suppose is appropriate. The inbetween set music has included Television and Stranglers. Is it intended ironically? Eddie insists that he has no irony. It does make me wonder, though, how many other people in the audience are old enough to have bought these songs when they were new. (Maybe a few, actually. Chicago does seem to have a tradition of bringing older fans out to shows.)

We just got a thumbs up. I'm posting this and putting my Blackberry away.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

no way are you the nerdiest guy in the room. Just the most Canadian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home