Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Quick Hits

Monday, October 09, 2006

Quick Hits

There's no Frank Rich column to link to today, presumably because he's out promoting his new book, The Greatest Story Ever Sold. I can't find a list of his dates, but he was at the New York Public Library last week, he'll be at John Hancock Hall in Boston on Sunday, October 22, and he'll be at the Chicago Public Library on Monday, October 30.

I mentioned The Best American Comics 2006 a couple of weeks ago, and apparently that was good enough for Houghton Mifflin to notify me that they've added a new animation/audio element to the Website in which guest editor Harvey Pekar and series editor Anne Elizabeth Moore provide a little come on for the book. It's probably only about 30 seconds or so, but I learned one thing I didn't know: Houghton Mifflin published the first Best American book 91 years ago. Check it out if you're curious.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Stevie T said...

Interesting marketing technique. I imagine that Houghton Mifflin is on the forefront of big old companies to use the blogosphere to advertise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home