Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: More Music Stuff--[UPDATED]

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Music Stuff--[UPDATED]

Speaking of music, it appears the Killers' second album is doing better than I expected. I'm still not convinced, though. But I only bring this up, though, to mention that we can add Bauhaus to their (rather long) list of influences. I was in a bar the other night and could only hear the music somewhat faintly. I thought I heard "Bela Lugosi's Dead" starting up, which seemed appropriate given the time of year, but it turned out to be "Mr. Brightside."

UPDATE--The Killers were on Letterman on Tuesday night. Speaking of expanding their list of influences, I noticed that Brandon Flowers seems to very much be channeling the vocals of TV Smith (which is a bit premature, as TV Smith is still out there recording). I'd noticed that before, but it's been a while since I've last heard the latest single, "When You Were Young," on the radio, so I forgot to mention it.

I saw Marie Antoinette, and it was pretty much what I expected it to be. Sofia Coppola certainly loves her some long, languid takes. But there's a joke in which a particular scene (and suggested activity) is juxtaposed with a song by the Strokes that made me laugh. It's a cheap laugh, to be sure, but I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home