Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Friday on My Mind

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Friday on My Mind

An unexpected mishap and a quick trip to an urgent care facility has changed the complexion of this DC excursion a bit, but everything seems to be back on track now. I'm just a bit worse for wear but will be fine tomorrow.

And even in my slightly woozy state at the moment, I can tell that Karl Rove remains unindicted (in public, anyway). There was the buzz at the end of last week about a possible indictment coming last Friday, and Scooter was indicted on a Friday way back when, so I guess we should pay attention to the fact that tomorrow's Friday again. Jeralyn's been keeping up and noted a further statement today from truthout Executive Director Marc Ash reiterating his support of the story. He claims they've gathered further sources and says:

We have been contacted by at least three reporters from mainstream media - network level organizations - who shared with us off-the-record confirmation and moral support. When we asked why they were not going public with this information, in each case they expressed frustration with superiors who would not allow it.

I'm getting tired of ending these Rove watch posts with little more than a "we'll see," but that's all they'll support at the moment. Tune in tomorrow, same Rove time, same Rove prosecutor.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urgent care? The memories FLOOD back ...

 
At 7:19 AM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less urgent than that and with no lasting ramifications, thankfully. Those are memories that, although I still have the aftereffects, are far enough removed at this point that the comparison didn't even occur to me until you mentioned it. But maybe it should have--the whole matter started this time when I was at a baseball game with my brother's Japanese in-laws.

 
At 3:36 PM, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beaned by a fly ball? Choked on a ekiban?

 
At 12:45 PM, May 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was actually quite annoying. I was eating an Italian sausage, and a bite of it got lodged in my esaphogus. I couldn't get anything down, including a Guiness, which I'd just bought and of which I'd only had a couple of sips. When it was still there the next morning, I figured I needed to have it taken out by someone else. Fortunately, there were no lasting effects or aftereffects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home