Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Traveling Connected

Monday, April 10, 2006

Traveling Connected

It's amazing how much more connectivity we can maintain while traveling than we could just a couple of years ago. I don't mean to harp on it as I've been doing over the last few posts, but it really is amazing to me. When I was younger, it used to feel like nothing ever happened in the world--certainly nothing important, because you'd only vaguely hear about it. Now, depending on how much downtime you've got to surf on a PDA, it's possible to be even better informed than when you're home.

One complaint I do have, though, is radio. I've complained before about the new "shuffle" formats they've got in Chicago, but that certainly beats what we've been hearing in Jacksonville. We've been in the car only long enough to go through five-and-a-half gallons of gas, but we've heard repeats of "Running on Empty," "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" (and other Elton John songs), "Only the Good Die Young" (and other Billy Joel songs), "Man in the Moon," and "Cars." Given the apparent choices, I'll be only too happy to get back to Chicago and its lame fake IPod formats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home