Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Making the World Safe for Sunshine

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Making the World Safe for Sunshine

I didn't turn my clock ahead last night, so I've been running around late all day, and I'm late getting to my blog, too. I hate Daylight Savings Time "spring forward" every year--life is too busy these days for the whole thing not to come off like we're getting cheated out of an hour. I neglected to turn my clock ahead on purpose, hoping that the fact that it fell on the night of April Fool's Day meant that we'd all wake up early in the morning to someone somewhere yelling, "April Fool's!" I wasn't going to fall for that, but alas, for all my cleverness, I was behind all day. I guess I'd better change the clocks tonight.

On the good side of April Fool's Day was last night's episode of Sound Opinions, in which Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot gave us their wrap up of the South by Southwest Music Festival in Austin, providing us with tidbits of lots of bands they discovered. If you missed the broadcast, you can get the podcast, which should be up tomorrow. Both of the critics gave major props to Art Brut, which are well deserved (as I previously pointed out here and here). In other Art Brut news, their album, Bang Bang Rock & Roll, finally has a domestic release date. It'll be out on May 23, a year to the day from it's UK release. It'll have extra tracks not available on the import, so reserve your copy now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home