Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: In Praise of Laetitia Sadier

Thursday, January 05, 2006

In Praise of Laetitia Sadier

Driving home from work tonight, I was trolling the end of the radio dial to see if anything interesting was on the college stations. I stopped on a guitar drone for a minute or two but then started to look for a CD to put on (I was going to play Silent Alarm, despite how harshly I wrote about it the other night) when the vocals came in on the radio and I heard the luminous, instantly recognizable tones of Laetitia Sadier from Stereolab. It immediately became one of the most charming guitar drones I've ever heard. Stereolab generally puts out inventive, interesting music, but their not-so-secret strength is the endless appeal of Laetitia's voice, which cannot be overestimated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home