Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Happiness on the Cell Phone Front

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Happiness on the Cell Phone Front

A little while ago, I complained about my cell phone breaking down. The mic wasn't working, so I had to use the earpiece, which had its own sorts. Then the phone would just shut down unless I clutched it tightly in my hand. Another problem that had occurred earlier was that the SIM card kept giving out. When I called the phone company about it, the operator suggested a high-tech solution, sticking a piece of paper on top of the SIM card to hold it in more tightly. That had pretty much taken care of the problem, so it wasn't foremost in my mind when I was ranting.

Well, that's all over now. No, I didn't get a new phone--I fixed the one I had. Last night, the SIM card was acting up again, so I took the battery out to take a look. What I found were the screws that should have been holding the case together were falling out of their sockets. These are tiny, tiny screws, so I had to find a tiny, tiny screwdriver, but once I did and tightened everything accordingly, my problems seemed to be solved. The phone won't turn off if I don't clutch it tightly together, the microphone works again, and I took the piece of paper out of the SIM card. So the phone seemed to be falling apart because it was literally falling apart. Talk about planned obsolescence. But for the time being, I love technology again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home