Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Buy Nothing Day

Friday, November 25, 2005

Buy Nothing Day

I feel enormously hypocritical in posting this. I'm currently accompanying my in-laws on a Caribbean cruise (thus the light blogging for the next few days), so I'm posting from the high seas (without a spell checker, so please, indulge my typos). I can hardly take the high moral ground and tell everyone to participate in Buy Nothing Day, and yet, here I am. I support Adbusters in general and this program in principle. Every year on the day after Thanksgiving--"Black Friday," as it's come to be known in the media, even though it's not the busiest shopping day of the year--Adbusters encourages people to protest by withdrawing from the consumer world for twenty-four hours. Although I'm conspicuously not withdrawing this year, I still think it's a good idea, so I'm providing the link. Do with it what you will.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it onto those high seas. I know you had a series of connections to make in order to get there, so I trust you are safely ensconced in a luxurious cabin, or at least someplace comfortable and dry! Have a great time!

 
At 12:36 PM, November 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chuck. We're really enjoying it. Off to spend the afternoon in Nassau when I finish my blogging duties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home