Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Senate Intelligence Committee

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Senate Intelligence Committee

Well, I didn't achieve the flurry of blogging I'd hoped this weekend, and there are still a handful of subjects I want to address before they're last week's news. But tomorrow is another day, as some slave-holding wench once said, so we'll see what we can do then.

And speaking of last week's news, I somehow missed the report from the Senate's bipartisan committee that was supposed to be looking into why the second half of the Senate Intelligence Committee's report on the run up to the war hadn't appeared yet, more than a year after it was due. When the Dems closed down the Senate one afternoon to discuss this, Bill Frist promised he'd appoint one to report back in two weeks. That should have been this last week. Of course, the Intelligence Committee chairman, Pat Roberts, said that would be a waste of time because he'd already planned extensive Intelligence Committee hearings and would have that second-half report out by the 14th. I must've been busier than I realized, because I never heard mention one of such hearings, of the report itself, or of the findings of the bipartisan committee. If anybody's got any links, please pass them along. I sure wouldn't want to see the Senate have to go into a closed-door session again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home