Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: I'm Suffering a Technological Breakdown

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I'm Suffering a Technological Breakdown

Machines have stopped working for me. My computer has been getting slower and slower, but I haven't been able to find any viruses or spyware on it. From time to time, though not less than twice a day, it'll freeze for no apparent reason. As I was getting ready to write this piece, the computer wouldn't read any signals from the keyboard, so I had to reboot again, and it probably took me about an hour to get everything back the way I wanted it. On a separate but equally annoying note, the drivers (or whatever) on my computer have forgotten how to recognize my two CD-Rom drives. You have no idea how much that cuts down what I'm able to do.

On another front, my cell phone is just about dead. The microphone of the phone stopped working some time ago, so I have to use the earpiece, which wouldn't be so bad, except that the earpiece has shorts in it, so the sound will come in and out. Over the past few days, though, the phone has gotten worse. If I don't hold it tightly, the power goes out on it, so I'm reduced to leaving it off and checking it every hour or so for messages. Then, if I have a message, I'll clench the phone firmly in my hand and call that person back.

As you can probably tell, I haven't been having a great time in dealing with the tech in my life. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, November 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to get a Mac Doug.

 
At 2:26 PM, November 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PC tech might be partially to blame, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the machine's coming up on six years old. How many generations behind does that put me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home