Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Steve Bissette's Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Steve Bissette's Blog

A recent thread at The Comics Journal message boards reminded me of something I'd intended to post quite a while ago but was blasted out of the way by Katrina. Swamp Thing artist extraordinaire Steve Bissette has started up his own blog. Known primarily for his art, Bissette can also be an incisive writer when commenting on comics issues or current events. One of the most attractive aspects of his work, whether art or prose, is the passion that is never very far away.

As I said, I'd initially intended to mention this when he started the blog at the end of August, but natural events sort of took over for a little while, and then I never came back to it. (I couldn't help but remember, though, that during the Alan Moore/Steve Bissette/John Totleben run, Swampy lived in the area near Houma, Louisiana, which took a big hit from Katrina. Not germane to anything, but it stayed in my mind when Katrina was bearing down on the area.) But that delay means now you've got a few months of intriguing writing to catch up on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home