Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Mile-High Blogging

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mile-High Blogging

I'm blogging from a shitty pay terminal in the Denver airport. It seems to have blocked Blogspot blogs, so I can't look at anything I write, but I had to pay for a minimum of twenty minutes of Internet access, so just for the hell of it, I figured I'd see if I could find today's Frank Rich column. I can't cut and paste the address, so let's all just pray I type in the link correctly. It wouldn't let me cut and paste, and I can't remember the title of the column, so I'm going to have to post this, go to the column itself, and then come back and add it.

Okay, that's done. For those searching on Technorati, the title is "'We Do Not Torture' and Other Funny Stories." I've got another two minutes of surfing time left, so I'd better post this and make the most of my time.

9 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug: Thanks for taking the time to get the Frank Rich editorial out there. Yours was the only full version I could get. Again, thank you.

 
At 8:50 PM, November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart bleeds for your troubles at the Denver airport. Enjoy your ski weekend, and say Konichiwa to my fellow gaijin guys.

 
At 10:55 AM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apreciate the sympathy, Ron. I hope you didn't expend too much energy worrying about my junky Internet terminal woes, though, because it all seems to have worked out OK in the end.

We wished you could have joined us this weekend, you were very much missed. We did have a bit of a debate, though. Are you more of a snowboard guy or a skier?

 
At 2:30 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Didn't Bob Seger write a song called "Get Out of Denver"?

 
At 7:31 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I have done both, these days I'm a boarder.

 
At 11:14 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After we talked about it for a while, I believe that was our consensus.

 
At 11:23 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stu:

I just kept thinking of that Tarantino-lite movie, Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead.

 
At 10:37 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

which was...based on a Warren Zevon song!
Hope you had fun.

 
At 12:14 PM, November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that on IMDB, but I didn't know it before. Did the movie have anything to do with the song, or did it just borrow the title?

And we did have fun. It was just a quick weekend with a couple of college friends with one day in the mountains, but we had a great time. I was on skis for the first time in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home