Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Advancing the Homosexual Agenda

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Advancing the Homosexual Agenda

The liberal media in the U.S. is famous for not paying attention to anything happening anywhere else in the world, so there may have been some indication that this was coming up (apparently there was a protest march in Madrid a couple of weeks ago that drew hundreds of thousands and was endorsed by Spain's Conference of Catholic Bishops--I suppose that might've counted as a hint), but I sure didn't see it coming. Earlier today, Spain's Parliament legalized same-sex marriage, making Spain the third country in the world, after the Netherlands and Belgium, to protect such relationships. In doing so, Spain crushed Canada's dreams of becoming number three after its House of Commons passed similar legislation on Tuesday. Canada still has to wait for its Senate to follow through, which it's fully expected to do shortly, before same-sex marriage becomes legal there. The best Canada can hope for at this point is number four.

So the homosexual agenda moves forward internationally. I have to admit that I'm at a bit of a disadvantage on this subject, because I'm not entirely sure what the "homosexual agenda" is. I hear it's supposed to be dangerous to our way of life, but as far as I can see, lesbians and gays want to protect themselves from discrimination, and they desire to have the same rights that are regularly bestowed upon heterosexuals. I'm not sure I can see a problem with that. But maybe there's more to it that goes over my head. Maybe gays and lesbians want to be able to fire heterosexual workers. Maybe they want to make only same-sex marriage legal. Maybe they want to trade places with heteros so heteros are deprived of rights that gays and lesbians have. Boy, that would show us straight people, wouldn't it? I can't say I'd approve of any of that. But somehow I don't think that's what the "homosexual agenda" is all about. If anyone can offer any illumination on why the "homosexual agenda" is something to be feared rather than something that erases the legal differences among us, I'm all ears.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always turn to the trusted slippery slope to answer such hard questions. In this case, it goes something like, "Today homosexuals, tomorrow young boys, and then animals, and then one day it will be legal for humans to marry insects! Oooo gross, we gotta stop 'em now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home