Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Running on the Spot

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Running on the Spot

I'm not sure whether I'll have a chance to write anything more substantial today or not, so here's a little offering for a Sunday afternoon.

This is the Jam from around their peak, after they'd released what turned out to be their last album. It looked like they were still headed higher and higher, but we didn't realize that the end was moving in. I don't know whether anyone caught it at the time, but maybe if we'd listened between the lines of lyrics like this a bit more closely, we'd have realized that time was running out.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, November 18, 2008, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

I wonder if they're the last rock band that could sloganeer convincingly.

 
At 10:23 PM, November 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know these aren't universally shared sentiments, but I've always been partial to Billy Bragg, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home