Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Vain Attempts at Blogging

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Vain Attempts at Blogging

It's been a long week, and I've got to admit that my mind doesn't want to do much more than go to sleep. (That desire is so strong at the moment that I can't be sure that's not already happening and I'm not dreaming this post). Instead of going on at length over something or another, I'll just ask a simple question.

In reference to the various odd attack ads McCain has been releasing, Barack Obama pointed out that he didn't exactly look like previous presidents. McCain and his people promptly donned sackcloth and ashes and began lamenting the fact that Obama has played "the race card" (from the bottom of thE deck, even!). My question is this: Have we finally reached a point at which even acknowledging that Obama is African American is "playing the race card"? Any answers are welcome. Until they come, though, I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, August 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good question--McCain & Co. were obviously waiting for anything that they could charge alluded to race.

So would it even be the race card if Obama said that he can relate to African Americans because he knows what it's like to be black?

 
At 10:28 PM, August 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for McCain to play to Senile White Man card.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home