Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: <i>Dark Knight</i> Dominates

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dark Knight Dominates

Wow. That's some kind of juggernaut. The Dark Knight has been breaking records left and right, and Tuesday saw another one fall. This movie has become the fastest film to get up to $200 million in earnings. And that's after the biggest weekend opening ever, the biggest opening day, and, according to Nikki Finke, seven other records. I was thinking of going to see it at the IMAX down at Chicago's Navy Pier, but except for some 1:00 AM shows they've just added, everything there's sold out until Monday morning. Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk has little (if any) interest in seeing this, and I've got no intention of coming home from downtown by myself at 3:30 in the morning, so if I'm going to see this in IMAX in the next few days, it's going to mean that I've got to go out of town (fortunately, gas prices have slipped down just a bit). We'll see how things develop and whether or not I'll need to pack an overnight bag. If I do make that leap, though, the IMAX experience will have an awful lot of expectation to live up to. It had better be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home