Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: <i>Q</i> but No <i>A</i>

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Q but No A

Not many answers tonight, only questions and more questions.

What's really the difference between a line and a horizon? Is the actual trick here that, by definition, you can never reach the horizon, that no matter where we are, the horizon stays the same distant away at all times?

I've spent a couple of summers in Central Texas and I know that this isn't something that one does by choice, so why is Netroots Nation, essentially a convention of progressive bloggers (formerly Yearly Kos), holding it this year's meeting in Austin in July? I like Austin, and I wouldn't have any problem spending a weekend there, but not in the summer if there was any way I could avoid it. At least, I suppose, Netroots Nation isn't in Austin in August.

Did Robert Novak force Phil Gramm out of the McCain campaign? Novak claimed Gramm was back in favor after calling us a "nation of whiners" last week. Was Gramm's resignation from the campaign today a response to Novak's story?

Does this whole exercise remind you too much of an old Larry King column for USA Today?

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, July 23, 2008, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Doug,

Not Larry King enough. You don't have any "Isn't Neil Diamond STILL the king of rock and roll?" and "Call me crazy, but I can't wait to see 'Mamma Mia'" comments.

I assume Netroots Nation got low hotel rates.

stu

 
At 12:10 PM, July 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil Diamond has been working with Rick Rubin. There may be an argument for rock royalty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home