Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Why You're Feeling So Blue

Monday, January 21, 2008

Why You're Feeling So Blue

Yet another car mishap yesterday--my best guess is that the fuel line is somehow frozen--and we had to take it into the shop again for the third time in three months. I was getting ready to post about this and complain (for little more reason that I could title it "Car Trouble, oh Yeah") when I discovered that Monday is the most depressing day of the year. (That might explain why Blogger seemed to be down in the middle of the night--I was intending to get this up before midnight for a Sunday dateline, but I couldn't get in until early Monday morning.) I can't complain about my car on Blue Monday! There's much more to be depressed about than that. I won't go into it, though, because I'm sure you can come up with your own list in pretty short order (that's assuming that you don't already have a pre-existing list in your mind to call on when necessary).

It seems that Monday might be particularly depressing if you're Cliff Arnall, ostensibly of Cardiff University. It's his name that's associated with the determining that January 21 is more depressing than January 22. His depressing-day formula is taken apart by Ben Goldacre of The Guardian here, and his "connection" to Cardiff University and other matters are addressed by Andrew Mickel here. Of course, Arnall responded to previous Goldacre criticism by celebrating the money he makes, so maybe it's not so depressing to be him, after all.

In the meantime, since if you can cheer yourself up by listening to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home