Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Nothing But Too Much Complaining, Actually

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Nothing But Too Much Complaining, Actually

Well, now that it's only two days before Christmas, we've hesitantly started moving toward the Christmas spirit here at Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk headquarters. We would've started yesterday, but a little fender-bender on the freeway yesterday quashed that pretty quickly. Don't worry, everybody seems to be fine, but we've got to deal with getting the car to a body shop and renting a replacement during the holidays. Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk and I tried to go out this morning to one of the few rental agencies open on a Sunday, and they were packed. The attendant told us that they'd been sold out for three weeks. So it appears that I should've made a reservation three weeks ago just in case I got into a traffic accident. We repaired back to the house and made an actual reservation for the first thing tomorrow morning, so we should be covered (but there'll be no sleeping late on vacation time).

The day job was far more hectic coming into the holidays than I remember it being in the past, so there was no time for concentrating on anything outside work. I'm finally catching up with last Sunday's e-mail. At the rate I'm going, I'll be perpetually one week behind.

Thus we move from one hectic focus to a wholly different hectic focus. There seems to be no escaping the hectic these days. It's a whole other post to start speculating why life is so hectic. Does anybody else remember how as a little kid they couldn't wait to grow up so they'd finally have some modicum of control over they're lives rather than being ruled by their parents. Looking at it from the other side, although I have much more responsibility these days, I don't feel like I have any more control. And at least (most) parents are (for the most part) benevolent. I don't know that I want to go back to being a kid, but if I did, I certainly know not to envy adults quite so much.

Because I feel like I'm doing nothing but complain, here's a bit of fun from boingboing.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, December 24, 2007, Blogger Stuart Shea said...

The holiday season blows. Sorry to hear about your accident; love to you and Mrs. TTTTT.

 
At 3:07 PM, December 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs., too, Stu. We got everything we needed to do taken care of this morning, so it appears to be smoother sailing for the time being.

Did you click the boingboing link? You'd enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home