Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Lolla-Land

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lolla-Land

In addition to YearlyKos, you might as well add Lollapalooza to the list of cool things in Chicago I won't be attending this weekend. Already today I wouldn't have minded seeing the Polyphonic Spree, the Rapture, Daft Punk, LCD Soundsystem, and Fema Kuti. There are two more days' worth, and the schedules are chock full of more interesting bands and performers. I'm not really up for the whole festival vibe, and although the weather is cooling down, it's still too hot to be penned up with a mass of strangers. And although there are a number of people I'd be interested in seeing, there are no must-sees in the bunch (although, to be completely honest, I'm not exactly sure who that would be at the moment).

Tickets might seem expensive ($80 a day or $195 for all three days), but I counted more than twenty bands that I'd consider buying tickets for if they were touring on their own, and that doesn't even count some that I've heard of but don't know that much about but would be curious to sample. If I bought tickets to see the bands I'd like to see at club shows, my budget would be higher than it would if I saw them all outside at the same place.

If anybody here is going to Lollapalooza this weekend, have a great time (and if you've already gone, I hope you enjoyed yourself). Regale us with your adventures, and let us know who had a good set and who maybe should've stayed at home. If you made any new musical finds, we want to know about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home