Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Changes Afoot

Friday, January 26, 2007

Changes Afoot

Blogger has been working on an upgrade for a while now, probably ever since they were absorbed by Google, and they've been offering to let people upgrade their blogs whenever they wanted to. I figured that I ultimately would, because why not? But I wasn't sure how involved it would be, and I didn't know how long it would take, so I was putting it off. I was perfectly happy with the blog and my interface to it as it was, so I was in no hurry to jump in. (Besides, Atrios had enough trouble last month when he tried that he had to go back to the old version, and that wasn't exactly inspiring.)

Well, that's apparently all changed now. I had some warning in that Atrios seemed to be having trouble again this morning. Sure enough, I wasn't allowed to log in this evening until I upgraded the blog, which meant that I had to move everything over to a Google account. I've had a Google mail address for a while, but I've mostly used that for limited purposes, and I had no desire to connect it to this blog. So I set up another one and jumped in. It didn't end up taking that long to migrate, and my first impression is that not too much has changed. The blog seems to look the same. They've changed some of the posting interface, and they've added a number of new features that don't especially do anything for me and that I probably won't use at all (although I'm open to the possibility if it seems like they can serve a good purpose). One new feature is that I can limit who's allowed to access the blog and read my vague musings, so I guess you'd better hope that I don't get all hermitty all of a sudden. For the time being, though, I suppose that I'll keep all of this open to the general public. I'm not particularly anticipating any problems with the posting in the vaguely new format, but this post will function as a test. Keep your fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home