Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Tower Records Update

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tower Records Update

If you've got a Tower Records nearby (for the next few days, anyway), check to see what they're doing. In the Chicago area, different Towers are giving different discounts. Last night I went out to the Tower in Bloomingdale, and they were offering 70 percent off of all CDs, with 60 percent off all DVDs. I tell you, 70 percent is pretty darn seductive. At that point, pretty much if you ever thought about getting a CD, it's worth it at that price. And there was still a surprising amount of material I'd at one point thought about picking up. So I did. But I stopped by the Lincoln Park Tower to see if a couple of things I'd considered but passed on at only 40 percent off were still available. But when I got there, this location was still holding out for 60 percent off (50 percent for DVDs). It was amazing, but that extra 10 percent at Bloomingdale was like a high or something. Having tasted that, I had no interest in buying for only 60 percent off. The CDs I was looking for, which I would've bought at that discount, were already gone and nothing else came close to capturing my interest. I may have sated my desire for new CDS, at least for a little while, if I can't keep buying them at 70 percent off.

By the way, the Bloomingdale store had a sign Monday night that said there were only eight days left. I haven't seen that in any other Towers in the area, so I don't know if that's a store-by-store decision or if that deadline is good for the entire chain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home