Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Happy Chanukah!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Chanukah!


Despite the preponderance of great Jewish comics creators, this is the only comic book cover I could find that even hints at Chanukah. Props to Howard Chaykin.

This is a late Chanukah greeting, and I'm particularly late in passing on a radio show, Chanukah: A Time for Super-Heroes. I was out of town when it aired in Chicago last weekend, but if you check your own local Public Radio International station (which is often your local NPR station, too), you might find it broadcast before Friday night. If you can't find it, Comics Should Be Good reports that you can stream it here from WGBH in Boston throughout Chanukah (which isn't much longer at this point). The show is said to feature some of those great Jewish comics creators I alluded to above, such as Stan Lee, Will Eisner, Jerry Robertson, and Art Spiegelman, along with author Michael Chabon, directors Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer, and others. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm planning on streaming it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home