Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: A Quick Scream of Frustration

Friday, July 14, 2006

A Quick Scream of Frustration

I'm very annoyed. I've started writing my blog on a newer computer than the one I used to complain about all the time (not new, but considerably newer). I'd written about some of today's events (Lebanon, the Prez in Europe, the Plame/Wilsons) and linked to them, and then Firefox crashes! I lost it all! This is the newer computer!

My frustration was compounded when I tried to find a phonetic version of Don Messick mumbling (he voiced, among many other things, the Hannah-Barbera dogs) to use as the title of this post and came up empty. I'm off now in search of tickets to see Buzzcocks, who are touring an honest-to-God new album. I'd felt pretty good about it before, but for some reason I've got a sinking feeling they'll sell out before I get there tonight. Got to go--the doors are already open, and the first support band is due on in twenty minutes! I'm sure world affairs can wait a little while.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you've probably figured out, the Buzzcocks were in Detroit last night -- they don't hit Chicago until tonight. A friend saw them in Cleveland on Thursday and said it was a great show.

 
At 2:13 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did figure that out. I checked the Website to look at the time of the show, but clearly neglected to check the date. I'd gotten it in my mind that it was Friday, and I never questioned that again. I didn't even get suspicious last night until the Double Door only wanted to charge me $7, which was far too good of a bargain. I passed the opportunity to see The Assembly, and caught up with my wife, who'd just seen a play down the street. While I was in the neighborhood, I thought I'd check out Restless Records, but they close at 10:00. What a lame Friday night all the way around. I've been too embarrassed to post again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home