Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Nothing, Really

Friday, July 28, 2006

Nothing, Really

The heat is back in the Midwest, and I've been quite busy for the past couple of days, so there's no substantive blogging this evening, I'm afraid. My brother got his PhD from an East Coast school a couple of months ago, and he took a teaching position here at a nearby university, so he and his family are moving into the suburbs. We've been helping with the big changes for them, so most of this evening was spent at their new place. Therefore, no blogging or even paying close attention to the news.

I'm so tired tonight that I even passed up an opportunity to see Art Brut again. They're playing a show tonight to warm up for an appearance tomorrow at the Pitchfork Music Fest. I'm a bit disappointed not to be there, because I was curious about Eddie Argos's reaction to the demise of Top of the Pops. Will they stop playing "Formed a Band" and "Bad Weekend," essentially their entire introductory single, because of their TOTP references? I'm presuming the band never made it on, and the last show is Sunday. Eddie's bound to be entertaining on the subject.

I'm sorry, but that's it for this evening. I'm having trouble staying awake enough to think of a coherent statement (let alone hit the right keys when typing that coherent statement). I'm off to bed, if I can stay awake long enough to get into the bedroom. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home