Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: The Song Stylings of William Shatner

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Song Stylings of William Shatner

William Shatner is on Craig Ferguson tonight, and he showed a clip from a concert film he's got coming up on TVLand. Ferguson asked him whether he was really "singing," which Shatner admitted was actually more "talk singing." It occurred to me that Eddie Argos out of Art Brut essentially does talk singing, and everybody says he's heavily influenced by Mark E. Smith. Does that mean Shatner's influenced by Mark E. Smith, too? Actually, it would be sort of cool to get a little bit more Mark E. Smith into Shatner's performance.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Stevie T said...

His last album is great in case you haven't heard it. OK, I've only heard 3 songs that I thought were great, but I've been meaning to buy it. I actually have my favorite in MPEG-4 (or iTunes) format posted at the link below. This song features Henry Rollins.

www.wam.umd.edu/~stonks/AYBB.m4a

 
At 6:04 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Stevie T said...

I meant I've only heard 3 songs from the album, and I thought they were all great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home