Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Zod for President

Monday, October 17, 2005

Zod for President

Although it seems a mite early yet, the general has tossed his hat into the ring. I guess an independent candidate needs a little extra time to get a buzz going. On his campaign Website, he seems to be positioning himself as the straight-talk candidate:

When I first came to your planet and demanded your homes, property and very lives, I didn't know you were already doing so, willingly, with your own government. I can win no tribute from a bankrupted nation populated by feeble flag-waving plebians. In 2008 I shall restore your dignity and make you servants worthy of my rule. This new government shall become a tool of my oppression. Instead of hidden agendas and waffling policies, I offer you direct candor and brutal certainty.

(via Atrios)

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Stevie T said...

This is priceless. I may have to spend my next 2 hours of time at work getting to know this candidate better. Make sure to visit the Kids Page.

 
At 9:30 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did go to the kids page, but it was all math word problems. "If a country's gross national product (the value of all the goods and services it produces) is $100 million and all of it is given in tribute to General Zod, how much interest will General Zod make in one year if General Zod sets a 60% interest rate?" I'm starting to get over my initial irrational exuberance for the Zod candidacy--we don't need to know math to be slaves to the regime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home