Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Happy Birthday, B. B. King!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Happy Birthday, B. B. King!

I kept putting off this post because I wanted to put up a picture, too, but if I wait too long it won't be his birthday anymore.

I should probably be too embarrassed to admit this, but I first heard of B. B. King through the Partridge Family (hey, come on, I was only ten!). "The Thrill Is Gone" was listed on their second album as David Cassidy's favorite song (it appears that his own taste was far better than his TV family/band's). Maybe giving B. B. a shout-out was his way of proving his street cred to his bubblegum audience.

I don't know if B. B. is feeling the blues over turning 80, but if he is, he can find some solace in his status as a national treasure. The blues haven't been the same since he started bending the strings on Lucille. Check out his Website. Go out and buy one of his multitude of albums. Listen to his guitar sing as it sweeps away your blues, and send him your own birthday wishes.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, September 19, 2005, Blogger Stevie T said...

Even though it's too late to be commenting here, I thought I'd mention a great B. B. King tribute song by Keb' Mo'. It's called Riley B. King and on his album called Keep it Simple. It's got two great guest guitar solos by Robben Ford and Robert Cray and is a great tune to belt along to.

 
At 11:34 PM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it too late? It's still on the main page. Readers might not notice it, but I always try to look for new comments. Yesterday (or maybe the day before) there was a new comment on a post from August.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home