Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Deadline Blogging

Friday, May 06, 2005

Deadline Blogging

I've been overwhelmed with meeting a major deadline today (well, all week coming up to now, as a matter of fact), and I haven't been putting my attention here. There's quite a bit to talk about, too, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'll try to get something more substantial tomorrow, but in the meantime, you can read part 2 of Elizabeth Kolbert's global warming series in The New Yorker. Part 3 is currently on the newsstands, but if the fate of parts 1 and 2 are any indication, the final installment will be online early next week.

My current project at work, the one the deadline's all about, is a book about the 1960s. Since that's been dominating my time lately, I might as well let it inform my blog. Before I go, I'll leave you with three commonly held beliefs about the '60s that I've learned are not true. Bob Dylan was not booed when he went electric at the Newport Folk Festival. There was not a local baby boom nine months after the New York City blackout. And Khruschhev did not bang his shoe on the desk at the UN. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home