Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: It's Happening Again

Monday, September 01, 2008

It's Happening Again

Earlier today (and by today, I mean Sunday--yesterday according to the time stamp below--I haven't gone to bed yet, so psychologically it's not Monday for me yet) when I hoped that I'd get this post up much sooner than it's actually going to happen, I was thinking of clever lines to use in discussing Hurricane Gustav and the Republican party and its convention. But as I write this, the leading edge of the storm is being felt in Louisiana, and it just seems disrespectful to put any kind of political spin on it. Our thoughts and best wishes go to the people who have fled New Orleans and those 10,000 or so people left in the city. One good place to keep track of developments is the New Orleans Times-Picayune Web site, which has essentially turned itself over to hurricane news. In addition, they've set up a blog of sorts on the hurricane. We'll certainly be paying attention.

On the good side, the latest forecasts suggest that Gustav won't gain as much strength as was expected and will likely make landfall as a Category 3 storm. And it's not targeting New Orleans directly, so the city won't get the entire brunt. Although I don't expect to be strong on updates, I'll add new information as I can.

Good luck, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home