Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Shameless Crossposting

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shameless Crossposting

I posted this over on Howling Curmudgeons, but there may be some here who'd find it interesting but aren't likely to come across it over there.

Back a couple of months ago when the The Simpsons episode with Alan Moore, Art Spiegelman, and Dan Clowes originally aired, I posted some links to what turned out to be very temporary videos of comic shop portions of the show. Now that the episode was rerun a couple of weeks ago, I can link to what appears to be a relatively permanent video. I assume it's got some sort official OK because It's over at the Nerd World blog at the Time magazine site, which is cowritten by Matt Selman, writer and executive producer of the show. Of course, one of the benefits of Selman keeping a blog is that he can also pass along interesting tidbits about the episode, which he does in three parts, here, here, and here. He's got a lot of details worth reading, but my favorite is:

Art Spiegleman insisted that his character wear a Maus "mouse" mask when he turns into a superhero. This was not our idea, and if it had been, we would have been to scared to pitch it to Art.

Yeah, I think I would've been scared to suggest it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home