Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: An Explanation

Saturday, October 27, 2007

An Explanation

I couldn't go with a third "Mission Accomplished"-related title in a row, as I've heard that hasn't worked well as a long-term motto before, but in essence, this is the final post in what's become the "mission Accomplished" trilogy.

In my first post, I hadn't really intended to be oblique or obscure with my previous posts, but it's sort of played out that way. The truth is merely that Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk headquarters is relocating, so Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk and I have been in moving hell for the last few days. In my first post on the subject, after the movers had taken all of the furniture and whatever we'd had boxed up and ready, I predicted that we'd be finished up in the wee, small hours of the morning. The reality, unfortunately, is that we didn't clear the place until the huge, honking hours of the morning. It was 11:15 Friday morning before we were keys on the table, walking out the door, all the way gone. Since we got up on Wednesday, we'd had two hours of sleep on Wednesday night, and three-and-a-half hours on Thursday. We had to run a couple of errands on Friday afternoon, so we had only an hour nap or so before we were off to the theater for Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk to present the Women's Performance Arts Festival. When we returned to our new home at the end of all that, I should've just given it up and gone to bed, but I still haven't skipped a day of posting since I started this blog, so I was determined to write something. I intended to cover this same material. What came out, though, was simply an ill-fated attempt to post while asleep. Our computers weren't connected yet, so I was on the Blackberry, and I'd try to compose a sentence in my mind and then type it out, but I'd nod off and wake up halfway through the sentence, having hit a couple of bad keys on the way to sleep in the first place, so I had to try to figure out what the sentence fragment had been supposed to say and then correct the several typos in it. Often, though, I'd fall asleep while correcting typos, so I'd wake up again and have to figure it all out a second, third, or fourth time. Maybe I would've just been better to have skipped my first day of posting. Although it wasn't exactly eloquent, I did put together a post that made sense. I still don't know what I hit to make it disappear altogether.

Although the place is full of boxes, we're finally all the way relocated, and tomorrow should be the first normal day. (Today I slept until 11:00, got up for an hour but felt sleepy again, and went back to bed until 4:00, after which I was groggy for another hour or two. I've been following the series (and the Red Sox are up 9-5 in the 8th, but with the Red Sox, you never know whether that will hold or not), but I haven't been keeping up with much of anything else. What have I missed? We haven't attacked Iran or anything, have we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home