Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Caution--Slow Blogger

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Caution--Slow Blogger

I don't know what anybody else's experience with loading this blog (or any other Blogger blog) has been today, but it sure has been slow for me. Blogger is in the midst of aligning itself more closely with Google, and they're migrating all their blogs over to a new Blogger beta. They're doing it just a bit at a time, and I'm not sure if this blog is eligible to move yet or not, but I haven't had time anyway, so it doesn't really matter. There will be some new designs, and while I'm not exactly tired of this one, I wouldn't mind spicing it up a little. Another feature they're setting up is the ability to restrict who's able to view your blog--is Live Journal and myspace beginning to breathe down their necks? That may not be a bad idea, though. It seems a lot of people have a problem remembering that they're writing in a public space. Some school districts have started to pay attention to what their students are writing online, and many of the students just seem to complain that the schools are invading their private space. It can't be private if you put it where everybody can see it. Unfortunately, though, I find that by the time I've heard of someone writing something in public that should've been private and gone to their site to see it for myself, they've had the good sense to delete it. You can't enjoy the schadenfreude like that. I've got to get better connected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home