Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Busting Out '06

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Busting Out '06


Yeah, that'll get your attention. I should've posted this a while back, but at least I'm getting to it now. This morning someone came to Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk looking for Busting Out, and all they were able to find was my post on last year's show (which, interestingly enough, starts off with the sentence: "I should have done this earlier, but here it is now"--does anybody sense a trend?). Stockyards Theatre Project is going with the four one acts again, with one of them popping up throughout the show. This year's theme is "Toying with the Tyranny of Time," and the four plays are The Return, No Time Too Loose, Life Targets, and Thirty Wonderful. It all opens up with the comedy stylings of Helen London. As the poster I've reproduced above indicates, the show opens up tomorrow night tonight (I started this post on Monday, but midnight came and went before I actually got it online) and will play Tuesday and Wednesday evenings through September 13 at the Stage Left Theatre at 3408 N. Sheffield Avenue in Chicago. Approach the performances with care, though--the press release offers the following warning: "Caution, this show contains humor and dancing."

In the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that the managing director of Stockyards Theatre Group is my wife, Francesca Peppiatt (who appears in one of the one acts). So yes, this is a commercial. And this is also the reason for my recent late nights and lower level of blogging activity. I'm not officially a part of Stockyards, but I try to help out when I can. Although I've never helped during a production before, I may actually find myself jumping in to do what I can this time around (although not in the show itself, but with the show). If you drop by and I happen to be around, be sure to say hi. And if you're interested in making a reservation, drop me an e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home