Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Tom Joad for the 21st Century?

Monday, March 13, 2006

Tom Joad for the 21st Century?

For various reasons, I started and stopped a couple of times while I was writing the previous post, and I neglected to include the following, which was my favorite passage from The New York Times's Alan Moore profile:

Mr. Moore suggested that his comic-book writing has already defined his identity. He recalled an encounter with a fan who asked him to sign a horrific issue of his 1980's comic "The Saga of the Swamp Thing"; the admirer then disclosed that he was a special effects designer for the television series "CSI: NY." "Every time you've got an ice pick going into someone's brain, and the close-ups of the little spurting ruptured blood vessels, and that horrible squishing sound, that's him," Mr. Moore said. "So that's something I can be proud of. This is my legacy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home